CLEANSING AND IMPROVING GUT HEALTH WITH COLONIC HYDROTHERAPY AT ZULAL WELLNESS RESORT BY CHIVA-SOM
Studies have shown that the gut and brain are closely connected; and this relationship serves as an important function not only in aiding digestion but also managing emotions and stress. Emotions are felt in the gut. A healthy gut can therefore affect our overall physical and emotional wellbeing.
The gut consists of several different organs that allow the body to process and absorb nutrients from the food we eat. A gut cleanse can help to rebalance the digestive system by removing toxins, boosting energy and enhancing the immune system. Colonic hydrotherapy is an alternative healing procedure that involves flushing the colon with water to remove large quantities of stagnant waste from the bowel walls to enable the body to function more efficiently.
The treatment helps to:
• Cleanses the colon of unwanted waste
• Rehabilitates the colon’s natural peristalsis – muscular movement
• Stimulates flex points in the colon
• Re-lubricates and hydrates the lower bowel
• Provides un-matched disease prevention
The treatment is recommended to support Zulal Wellness Resort’s retreat programmes such as Therapeutic Cleanse, Detox, and Natural Slimming Retreats. Key benefits include improved digestion; promoting weight loss; clearer and brighter skin; alleviation of allergies; and reduced headaches.
Zulal Wellness Resort by Chiva-Som has a team of certified colonic hydrotherapy nurses and medical doctors on-site leading two types of services – Colonic Hydrotherapy and Coffee Colonic Hydrotherapy:
• Coffee Colonic Hydrotherapy uses a mixture of brewed, caffeinated coffee and water to enhance detoxification via the liver and bile ducts by stimulating increased activity of the body’s enzyme system. The intent is to cleanse the body and improve liver function.
• Colonic Hydrotherapy is gentle cleansing of the colon. A well-trained therapist uses gentle flows of filtered water alternating between warm and cool. This practice removes faecal matter, gas and mucus, promoting a healthy internal ecosystem that is abundant in healthy gut flora.
For optimal results, we also recommend that guests’ programmes include a variety of other treatments which promote the bowel system and digestion such as:
• Al Batin abdominal massage – this can help to re-educate the muscles that control bowel movements and reduce symptoms of constipation and generalised pelvic and abdominal pain.
• Lymphatic drainage massage – a form of gentle massage that encourages the drainage of lymph nodes and movement of lymph fluids around the body. The fluid in the lymphatic system helps remove waste and toxins from body tissues.
• Cleansing Diet Meal Plan – along with selected treatments, guests are encouraged to follow the Cleansing Diet Meal Plan, focussing on plant- and fish-based foods as well as herbs and ingredients inspired in Traditional Arabic and Islamic Medicine (TAIM), such as figs, dates, pomegranates, sumac, carob and black seeds.
For more information or reservations, please email Zulal Wellness Resort by Chiva-Som at firstname.lastname@example.org, call/WhatsApp +974 4477 6555 or visit www.zulal.com.