7 Self-Care Daily Practices
- Exercise your body for a happy mind. A little exercise will go a long way to reducing stress. Even just a brisk walk in the morning will energize and motivate you for the day ahead.
- Quick morning meditation. A quick five or ten-minute meditation each morning will help balance your mind for the busy day ahead.
- Keep a journal. Writing is a therapeutic activity. In just a few minutes, you can write your thoughts, worries, gratitude, or whatever else comes to mind. Keep the journal near your bed and make a habit of writing a few paragraphs or even sentences each night before you go to sleep.
- Read a book or a magazine. We all need to escape from the pressing concerns of reality occasionally. On your next lunch break get away from your computer and pick up a book in your favourite genre or a hobby magazine.
- Unplug from technology.
- People tend to grab their phone first thing when waking up. Then work begins. Leave the electronics alone until you have given yourself time to prepare for the day. Make time for breakfast (the most important meal of the day) and save the email for the end of your morning ritual.
- Get enough sleep. When you are a busy working professional life is hectic. We do not give our bodies as much rest as they need to fully function. Pretty soon we find ourselves running on empty. Sleep is not only good for the body, but it is also good for the mind. A well-rested body and mind can accomplish great things.
- Make your weekend about you, not work. Many people take their work home with them and never really get a day off. Take time on the weekend to do things you enjoy. Spend more time with your family, not with your home office.